Basics of WebOps | HTML CSS JS
Greetings from The WebOps Club, CFI!
Thank you for turning up for the session. Here are some resources to guide yourself into more HTML CSS and JS:
- W3Schools provides good reference for HTML tags, CSS properties and JS syntax
- IMAD - Introduction to Modern Application Development is an online course by Hasura, NPTEL and IIT Madras which covers all the topics in web and mobile application development.
- You can find all the course videos on IMAD YouTube Channel
- Feel free to Google yourself and gain more knowledge
- If you find any better tutorial / article, please post it on the comments below
- HTML Dog Beginner Tutorial for HTML is a great place to get started
- TutorialsPoint HTML also provides step-by-step lessons
The assignment for next workshop will be creating your own personal website and hosting it on GitHub.
- Use all the HTML CSS and JS skills you have learnt to create your profile page
- You can use our How-to guide on creating and hosting your own personal website for instructions on hosting your wesbite on GitHub
- You can reuse and copy-paste code from internet, but make sure that you know what you are doing
- The best profiles will be showcased and published on the Club Website
- We have created a CFI Discussion Forum called Discourse.
- Sign up and post all your queries and discussions on The WebOps Club Category
We are conducting a workshop on the Basics of WebOps HTML/CSS/JS. This will be an hour long session where we introduce you to the basic building blocks of webapps.
This session is open for all.
But, for students who have applied for WebOps Club projects through CFI Club Proposed Projects, it is compulsory to attend this session. We will be announcing the selections and further work during this session.
All SIP students should also attend the session.
When: 8 PM, 8th Feb 2017, Wednesday
PS: Bring your laptops fully charged with Google Chrome or Chromium or Opera Browser (latest versions) installed.
Edit: The venue has been confirmed as CRC203