Version Control your Code using GIT
Watch on YouTube!
Register for a workshop on Version Control using GIT.
If you are working with code (text files to be specific) of any form, be it your simulations, scripts, android apps, websites, LaTeX files etc. you should be saving them using version control tools like GIT instead of using Google Drive or Dropbox.
Why version control?
- Collaboration: If you are working on a group project, many people can edit the same files at the same time
- Storing version the proper way, rather than making copy of your files (like file1_final.py, file1_absolutely_final.py or file1_05052017.py, file1_06052017.py etc.)
- Restoring previous versions
- Understanding what happened
- Date: Wednesday, March 8th 2017
- Time: 8PM-9PM
- Venue: ED207
Prerequisites: Bring some LaTeX / code files (any programming language) and GIT installed on your fully charged laptop.
Those who already know GIT are welcome to volunteer and help out those who attend the workshop. Please choose volunteer in the attending as dropdown while filling the form.
Deadline for registering: Tuesday March 7th 2017 2359 hrs